Level 4 Certificate in Obesity, Diabetes & Weight Management.
Obesity, Diabetes and Weight ManagementThe course will allow instructors, who already hold a Level 3 qualification in Exercise Referral, to take their qualification to the next level. It will provide you with theoretical knowledge and practical skills so that you can effectively plan and oversee fitness programmes for those who suffer from obesity and diabetes. The units you will Study include:
- Prevalence of obesity and diabetes in the UK
- Hormonal changes within the body due to obesity and diabetes
- National guidelines for management of diabetes
- Activity/Inactivity in the prevention and management of obesity and diabetes
- Development of obesity and diabetes
- Co-morbidities/medications and their exercise considerations
- Psychological/sociological impact of obesity and diabetes
- Screening/assessment techniques for weight management
- Goal setting for individuals with specific conditions
- Planning/delivering appropriate exercise sessions
Each of these units will provide you with the required skill sets in order to plan and deliver effective exercise regimes for those with obesity and diabetes.
You will cover:
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification
- Unit 1 Prevalence and classification of obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
- Unit 2 Development and pathology of obesity and diabetes.
- Unit 3 Planning and developing physical activity and nutrition strategies for obesity and diabetes management.
The course is a 1 day workshop, including assessment. You will have 12 months from date of booking to complete the home study using eLearning.
- Worksheet x 2
- Case Study
Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients (QCF)
Progression Routes after completing the course
- Other Level 4 Fitness and Health Qualifications
- Education & Teaching qualification (PTLLS)
Course Price Includes
- Registration, assessments, Active IQ Certificate
- 20 CPD credits on REP's (register of Exercise Professionals)
£660 per person
View the dates by clicking book now and look at the drop down box.
Courses will be held at one of our various venues in Ashford, Kent.
Telephone - 01233 641000
Mobile - 07909 703631
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org