To teach the knowledge, competency and skills required to perform emergency first aid in the workplace. This course will allow individuals to diagnose and treat casualties prior to the arrival of medically trained persons.
Be 16 years of age at time of examination
Validity of Award
36 Months (if a refresher course is completed within this time a reduced price is available to extend coverage. If however the 36 month period is passed without having completed a refresher course, the cost will revert back to that of the original course fee)
Length of Course
12 hours of contact time over the duration of the course.
The full qualification is 2 attendance days (6 hours each), there is also pre-course reading and a worksheet to complete before attending this will total 6 hours.
This course aims to teach you how to effectively assess a situation and implement life saving first aid. By the end of this course the learner will be confident in administering first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Suspected head and spinal injuries
- Suspected chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- An eye injury
- Sudden poisoning
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspect major illness
- Provide CPR effectively
The learner will also be able to transport the casualty safely, keep factual records of the injuries sustained, understand the legal framework and the importance of personal hygiene in the application of first aid procedures.
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Complete 16 questions, end of course worksheet
- Assessed practical demonstrations
- Assessed demonstrating the ability to carry out First Aid
£350 per person (10 places)
- If you book before 30th August 2020, the price is £250 at the checkout!