Gym Based Exercise
If you are looking to get started in the fitness industry and are not sure what to do, this course is a starting point.
You will have access to knowledgeable supportive tutors via phone, email or zoom (appointments required). You have six months to complete the course.
Across the subjects below you will need to complete 3 worksheets (written questions). A case study where you design a program for a client based on the information you have collected. Two multiple choice exams and a practical assessment (this is recorded and emailed in for assessing).
This is a great course to explore and understand the basics. You can always expand your knowledge further based on further qualifications after this too.
Covering subjects include
This course will develop students to a competent and confident level to plan and instruct gym exercise programmes within a gym environment, covering subjects including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Kinesiology (how the body moves)
- Warm ups, dynamic stretching, cool downs and development stretching
- Develop a key understanding of the programming principles
- How to use functional and innovative gym equipment
- The use of cardiovascular equipment and the promotion of physical activity
- Introduction to core and functional training
- Effective customer care and promotion physical activity
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including safeguarding of children and adults
You have 6 months to complete all the course work. 2 hours a days will mean you should complete all the theory in around 2 months on average, the practical takes you 1 hour to film.
- Two Multiple Choice Theory Exams
- One, 1 hour Practical assessment
- Client interview and program
- Three Worksheets
Level 2 Certification in Fitness Instructing Gym Based Exercise (RQF)
Progression Routes after completing the course
- Personal Trainer
- Exercise Referral
Course Price Includes
- Registration, assessments and Certificate
- All gym instructor course tuition includes Zoom, email and telephone support
- Fitness (gym) Instructor course manual (hard copy) and workbooks (online)
No prior qualifications are required. A reasonable level of fitness & experience of exercise class participation will give you an advantage. You must be 18+ years of age with writing and numeracy skills are also required for presentation of the course work. You will need a computer and microsoft word to complete the documents.
£550 (Discount if paying in full via website) or over 12 months 0% interest (subject to terms) £650 – £65 deposit followed by 12 payments of £48.75)