Gym Based Exercise
Our courses are delivered by one experienced and qualified tutor to guide you through the course, KSA ensures you have one tutor to contact and deliver the practical sessions. You will be treated the same as if you were a Personal Training client. We set you goals to complete the course in the 6 months based on you and your time.
The Level 2 Gym Based Fitness Instructor course is designed with flexibility in mind. This course is over 2 days 9:30am – 5pm plus 2 assessment dates. You can email, Zoom chat or call for help during the course to aid your learning by an experienced self-employed PT and Sports Therapist BSc. once you book, you will receive your level 2 course specific manual in the post and a computer link to gain access to the work you need to complete.
Kent Sports Academy understands the values of being taught clearly and concisely to give you the best opportunity starting your new career. The venue has a vast array of equipment to help train you to teach every piece of cardiovascular and strength equipment in preparation, not just for your assessments but for getting out there and taking on your new chosen career.
Covering subjects include
This course will develop students to a competent and confident level to plan and instruct gym exercise programmes within a gym environment, covering subjects including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Kinesiology (how the body moves)
- Warm ups, dynamic stretching, cool downs and development stretching
- Develop a key understanding of the programming principles
- How to use functional and innovative gym equipment
- The use of cardiovascular equipment and the promotion of physical activity
- Introduction to core and functional training
- Effective customer care and promotion physical activity
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including safeguarding of children and adults
Our Gym Instructor course will last approximately 3 months based on 1 hour of study each day, if you wish to complete this quicker or take longer it’s down to how much time you can put in. You will the tutor to discuss whats suits you and set the plan to complete.
- 2 x Multiple Choice Theory Exams
- 1 x 1 hour Practical assessment
- Client interview and program
Level 2 Certification in Fitness Instruction Gym Based Exercise (RQF)
Progression Routes after completing the course
- Level 2 Exercise to Music
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 3 G.P Referral
Course Price Includes
- Registration, assessments and Certificate
- All gym instructor course tuition includes Zoom, email and telephone support
- Fitness (gym) Instructor course manuals and workbooks
No prior qualifications are required, though a reasonable level of fitness & experience of exercise class participation will give you an advantage. You must be 17+ years of age with writing and numeracy skills are also required for presentation of the course work. You will need a computer and microsoft word to complete the documents.
£650 (10% discount if paying in full)
Deposit £72.50 followed by £54.38 p/m over 12 months interest free (subject to Conditions with Divido Finance) Total payable £725.