Level 2 Gym Instructor – Online
Gym Based Exercise
If you are looking to get started in the fitness industry and are not sure what to do, this course is the right starting point.
You will have access to knowledgeable supportive tutors via phone, email, or zoom (appointments required).
Across the subjects below you will need to complete written worksheets, online. A case study where you design a program for a client based on the information you have collected. Practical assessment Interviewing and training client (This is recorded and emailed in for assessing).
This is a great course to explore and understand the basics. You can always expand your knowledge further based on further qualifications after this too.
Covering subjects include
This course will develop students to a competent and confident level to plan and instruct gym exercise programs within a gym environment, covering subjects including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Kinesiology (how the body moves)
- Warm-ups, dynamic stretching, cooldowns, and development stretching
- Develop a key understanding of the programming principles
- How to use functional and innovative gym equipment
- The use of cardiovascular equipment and the promotion of physical activity
- Introduction to the core and functional training
- Effective customer care and promotion of physical activity
- How to maintain health, safety, and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and adults
You have 6 months to complete all the course work and practical assessment (Via Video). 2 hours a day will mean you should complete all the theory in around 2 months on average, the practical assessment takes you 1 hour to film.
- Case Study
- Practical Assessment
- Written questions
Level 2 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Gym Based Exercise
Progression Routes after completing the course
- Personal Trainer
- Exercise Referral
Course Price Includes
- Registration, assessments, and eCertificate
- All gym instructor course tuition includes Zoom, email, and telephone support
- Workbooks (online)
No prior qualifications are required. A reasonable level of fitness & experience in exercise class participation will give you an advantage. You must be 18+ years of age with writing and numeracy skills that are also required for the presentation of the course work. You will need a computer and Microsoft word to complete the documents.
Full Price £650 – Please, contact us for any current discounts.
*Other costs – Expired 6-month duration (£100 for an extra month).