Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for
Managing Lower Back Pain
The course will allow instructors, who already hold a Level 3
qualification in Exercise Referral, to take their qualification to the
next level. It will provide you with the theoretical knowledge and
practical skills so that you can effectively plan and oversee fitness
programmes for those who suffer from lower back pain. The units you will
- Human anatomy, and biomechanics of the spine and lower back.
- Prevalance of low back pain in the UK
- National guidelines for management of low back pain
- Activity/inactivity in the prevention and management of low back pain
- Epidemiology of low back pain
- Co-morbidities/medications and their exercise considerations
- Psychological/sociological impact of low back pain
- Screening/assessment techniques for low back pain
- Goal setting
- Planning/delivering appropriate exercise sessions
Each of these units will provide you with the required skill set in order to plan and deliver effective exercise regimes for those with lower back pain.
You will cover:
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification
- Unit 1 Prevalence and classification of low back pain
- Unit 2 Development and pathology of low back pain
- Unit 3 Planning and developing physical activity and lifestyle strategies for client with low back pain.
The course is 3 days, including assessment.
- Case Study
- Practical Demonstration (We can only accept Gym Plans, not pilates or ETM)
Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity & Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
Progression Routes after completing the course
- Other Level 4 Fitness and Health Qualifications
- Education & Teaching qualification (PTLLS)
Course Price Includes
- Registration, assessments, Active IQ Certificate
- Instructor course manuals
- 20 CPD credits on REP's (register of Exercise Professionals)
£585 per person
View the dates by clicking book now and look at the drop down box.
Courses will be held at one of our various venues in Ashford, Kent.
Telephone - 01233 641000
Mobile - 07909 703631
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org