Level 2 Certificate in Fitness
Instructing Exercise to Music
The Level 2 Exercise to Music - Fitness Instructor course is designed with flexibility in mind. This course is offered over 4 days 9am - 5pm*. The time set over each day will be set depending on the groups size and needs. There is some theory work to complete before the first day either by manual. This option relies on your own discipline to understand the theory work set without the face to face contact, although you can email a tutor or call for advice and support.
Kent Sports Academy understands the values of being taught clearly and concisely to give you the best opportunity starting your new career. To ensure you are comfortable in your understanding of the theory and practical elements. Full support is available to assist learners when help is required.
Covering subjects include
- Identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body
- Explain the workings of the body’s cardiovascular and energy systems
- Identify the components and principles of fitness
- Relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to the studio environment
- Identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity
- Plan, teach, deliver and evaluate an ETM session
- Design free-style choreography
- Work to the beat, phrase and/or rhythm of a variety of music styles
- Demonstrate good personal technique and form when teaching a session
- Apply basic skills that will enable you to include older adult, disabled, and antenatal and post-natal client groups in your sessions
- Anatomy and physiology
- The components and principles of fitness
- Relevant skills and knowledge needed to design and teach studio classes in a variety of styles, from hi/lo to body conditioning
- Methods of delivery
- Health, Safety and Professionalism in Exercise
The course will consist of 4 days of practical work and practical assessments and 1 day for a theory exam. Multiple choice exams will be assigned during the course, normally the final dates when booking.
- 2 x 1 Hour multiple choice theory paper
- Practical Examination
Level 2 Certification in Fitness Instruction Exercise to Music
Progression Routes after completing the course
- Level 2 Certificate in Children's Fitness
- Level 2 Indoor Cycling
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Based Exercise
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
Course Price Includes
- Registration, assessments and certificates
- All ETM Instructor course tuition includes email and telephone support
- Fitness Instructor ETM course manuals
- 20 CPD credits on REP's (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor (ETM) Course allows your entry on to the REPs Register
- *Optional costs - online theory, this can also be covered with the manual at no extra cost.
£600 holding a L2 fitness instructor certificate - £675 for those without a level 2 certificate.
Kent Sport Academy, Epps Building, Bridge Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 1BB
Telephone - 01233 641000
Mobile - 07909 703631
Email - email@example.com